Deciding what’s more important for your company Engagements or Sales?
I get this question from my clients all the time, and it depends on your company’s goal. If your goal is to increase engagements or awareness, you should pay more attention to your engagements. If your goal is to increase sales or determine if a campaign is doing well, then you should pay more attention to the lower half of your sales funnel closer to sales. Just remember, having high engagement rates is great for your ego but not your wallet.
What Should I Focus More on?
Here are a few questions you should ask yourself to help determine which to focus on, engagements or sales.
If you answer yes to these questions, you should focus more on Engagement.
- Is your goal to increase your current number of likes, shares, etc.?
- Do you get paid for your engagement? Do you need to maintain certain sponsorships?
- Are you asking your customers questions or knowing if your customers have concerns about your product or service or how they feel about your products and services?
If you answer yes to these questions you should focus more on Sales.
- Is your goal to increase your current number of sales?
- Are you trying to see where you are losing customers within your sales funnel?
- Is your goal to increase your current revenue?
Make the Decision
Whether it is to focus more on engagement or sales, you have to make up your mind. I tend to focus more on sales, the last few steps of my customer’s journey, because I like to see that all of my efforts are paying off. What do you prefer to focus more on, sales or engagements?